Self-Publishing Book Marketing Guide:
- Make a list of everything you can do to market (get the word out about) your book and do every single one.
- Make social media accounts for the book (AND use existing accounts).
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter (others).
- Post previews on all social media accounts.
- Post preview on blog.
- Get a mailchimp account.
- Add a mailing list signup to your blog – linked to the mailchimp.
- Get a professional cover design.
- Find out what keywords work for your book. Use these keywords in the blurb/description.
- Google relevant keywords.
- Google coming of age keywords.
- Use this Keyword tool: https://booksprout.co/publisher/tool/amazon-keyword-tool
- Make sure the blurb is compelling – like a movie blurb. (See examples I’ve written for newer book).
- Format your book appropriately in word.
- Add a link at the start of your book to a mailing list signup.
- Add a link at the start of your book to your website.
- Enrol in Kindle Unlimited.
- Enrol in KDP Select.
- Put the book in ‘books’ on joshuakrook.net.
- Update cover photo to the new book on joshuakrook.net
- Get a free month’s trial of hootsuite.
- Add 10 social accounts
- Schedule 5x posts a day on each account.
- Use Buffer.com
- Schedule 10 posts directly to Twitter, FB and LinkedIn in one place
- Upload book to Kobo, Google Books, GoodReads, Book Depository, iBooks, iTunes, Barnes and Nobles
- Schedule posts on social media (1 day of work – schedule all posts).
- Post on Reddit subgroups.
- Post on blog (x3). Make one post about ‘how to self-publish a novel’.
- Post another blog post about how to self-publish a novel (tell the story of how you did yours – link to your book).
- Host a giveaway on Goodreads.
- Can offer 2 signed copies of the book.
- Post the book to promotional sites on the same day (NB: Most of these sites require the book to be sold at $0.99, but it’s worth it).
- Bargain Booksy
- Price Dropped Books
- Free Kindle Books & Tips
- Books Butterfly
- Kindle Nation Daily
- Just Kindle Books (Use Promo code at purchase: PAIDAUTHOR).
- Pay for an ad on Bookbub.
- Pay for an ad on Amazon Ads. (https://ams.amazon.com/) (DONE ALREADY)
- Pay for an ad on kboards. (DONE ALREADY – Bought ‘featured book at top of forum’)
- Pay for an ad on BookReaderMagazine.com (Use Promo code at purchase: PAIDAUTHOR). (DONE ALREADY)
- Host an AMA on AMAFeed.
- Host an AMA on Reddit.
- Email for interviewers from book podcasters.
- Email for interviews from book sites/reviewers.
- Email for interviews from news sites.
- Send free kindle copies to vlogger book reviewers on YouTube.
- Send free copies to book reviewers.
- Send free copies to blogger reviewers.
- Engage in ‘review swaps’ with other authors.
- Post quotes from your book on Instagram.
- Contact local newspapers, schools, libraries and radio stations – ask if you can do a reading.
- Publish an audiobook version with acx.com (Use their voice actors and split royalties with them).
Buy my novel on amazon:
Caught between the pull of the crowd and a personal dream, Calloway is placed on a collision course with society. When he quits university and makes a plan to run away, even his best friend seems lost.
For three days, he finds himself in a world of dive bars, sex, poets and runaway teenagers, searching for a guide to show him the way to a meaningful life.
Through Calloway, Joshua Krook has created a classic coming-of-age story, a powerful book that captures what it means to be young, restless and hungry for meaning.